About the position
BSA (Business System Analyst)
Business Analyst Lead, CEO
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) bridges the gap between technology, design and product management. Works primarily with Architecture, Software Development and Test teams to ensure that all teams are working with a common understanding of the software we are building. In addition to working closely with User Experience Designers and Product Managers to translate their vision into technical requirements for our teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements.
- Translate business and design requirements into technical requirements for multiple Development teams - back
end service developers, framework developers, and UI developers.
- Perform critical analysis on information consolidated from multiple sources, identify and resolve conflicts, and
break down high-level information into detailed workable requirements.
- Work with Developers and Subject Matter Experts to understand the work effort for a requirement, communicate
any compromises or risks to the Designers and Product Managers, and, if needed, facilitate making adjustments
that satisfy all parties.
- Actively participate in adding to the wiki that is living documentation of the latest business and technical
- Support the Business Analyst Lead in executing the team’s charter and goals
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Ability to work with product, business and application teams to gather the requirements and write technical user
stories for a development team - required
- Ability to read Java code to understand existing system behavior – required
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience as a Business Systems Analyst, System Analyst, or Technical Analyst,
with heavy emphasis on technology and implementation understanding.
- Excellent ability to work in a team
- Excellent verbal and written skills are critical since this job primarily entails communicating technical information
to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with software and/or web technology teams.
- Experience with software development methodologies and practices (SDLC, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.)
- General knowledge of financial services concepts and products.
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage relationships with a variety of partners and stakeholders.
- Basic computer programming skills (Java).
- QA experience is a plus but not required.
Get Full Description
This position is 40 hours minimum, hourly, remote position. Will require ability to work independently