About the position
Bright Apps LLC is seeking a driven, creative, inquisitive, and focused Data Scientist to join our team. This role will support Bright Apps LLC, lending technical knowledge and analytical expertise, helping develop products that drive the business forward.
We are looking for a problem-solver. You must be curious and focused on the future to excel in this position. A strong candidate will dive into new technologies, applying them to current needs while never losing sight of future innovations.
The perfect candidate will push the boundaries of what’s possible while executing current long-term objectives. This position will work both on Brights Apps government AI work in addition to internal Bright Apps Projects.
This data scientist will report to the CTO to brainstorm, present concepts, and work products, driving innovation forward. This position requires professionalism, understanding and the ability to deliver information clearly and concisely. The perfect candidate will feel comfortable presenting projects to diverse audiences while also taking constructive feedback and have a willingness to collaborate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working directly with NLP style technologies at Bright Apps on the US Space Force project
- Creating new ways to extract features from disperse Space Force Data
- Working directly with Bright Apps Labs for automated self-flying AI controlled drones
Evangelize and educate data sciences and the teams’ products throughout the business through effective
communication and simple to understand use cases
- Conduct exploratory data analysis and experimental designs to drive new hypotheses for new innovation trials
Understanding business objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their
- Analyzing the ML algorithms that could be used to solve a given problem and ranking them by their success probability
- Competent using data science tools, libraries, and
frameworks (NLP, Scikit-learn, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas,
TensorFlow, PyTorch, Pandas, doc2vec, word2vec,
general clustering and vector math)
Competent with computer vision via PyTorch and
OpenCV via Python
Analyzing the ML algorithms that could be used to
solve a given problem and ranking them by their
Exploring and visualizing data to gain an
understanding of it, then identifying differences in
data distribution that could affect performance when
deploying the model in the real world
Understanding business objectives and developing
models that help to achieve them, along with metrics
to track their progress